The internet has become a versatile place for information. You can get information on virtually anything online and this makes it a good place to visit if you have any question begging for answers about virtually anything for that matter. Anyone can have access to the internet these days since all you need to gain access are a Smartphone and a connection with a reliable Internet Service Provider. The experience will turn out to be one of the best you have ever had. In this write-up, we will show you some of the very interesting facts that you need to know about the internet.
Interesting facts about the internet
- The estimated number of internet users today is about 4.9 billion, which represents the majority of humans
- Over 1.86 billion websites are online today based on different subjects, with up to 198.4 million of the websites being active. Studies also show that about 7 million blog posts are published daily
- Up to 4.28 billion people access the internet via their mobile devices these days too with 3.78 billion among them being active users of social media platforms. Going software, about 47% of active internet users are using ad-blocker today, which is a program that can alter or block online advertising on web browsers.
- Cyber crime has become rampant and studies show that $3.5 million was lost by businesses in the United States to cybercrime in 2019.
- YouTube is a very popular social media platform where people post videos and studies show that over 500 hours of videos are uploaded on the website every minute.
Demography of internet users
The internet is available in virtually every country of the world. However, some countries surf the internet more than others. Studies show that over 4.9 billion people aces the internet daily, which means that about 2.9 billion people still do not have access to the internet. It indicates that about 63% of human population on earth has access to the internet.
Check below for the population of each continent regarding internet access in 2021:
- About 2.5 billion people have internet access in China and other parts of southern Asia
- About 727.9 million people have access to the internet in Russia and Europe.
- About 566 million people access the internet in Africa
- About 467 million people have access to the internet in South America
- About 332 million people have access to the internet in North America
- About 184 million people have access to the internet in the Middle East
- About 28 million people have access to the internet in Australia.